The Yankees and the Twins have quite a little bit of history between one another.
While the Bronx Bombers have gotten the higher of Minnesota within the postseason recently, off the sphere, the story is a bit of different.
Twins President of Baseball Operations Derek Falvey joins Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman on The Show this week to debate the trade of Josh Donaldson last offseason, in addition to signing former Yankee Joey Gallo and his thoughts on Gary Sanchez.
‘The Show’ Podcast with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman:
- WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC ROUNDUP: There have been quite a number of upsets within the WBC. What have been Joel and Jon’s favorite a part of the tournament up to now?
- YANKEES AND METS IN SAME BOAT: While we’re roughly a month away from Opening Day, the Yankees and Mets are each battling injuries during Spring Training. The teams must discover a method to overcome key injuries to get the season off on the proper note.
Derek Falvey Interview:
Twins President of Baseball Operations
- CARLOS CORREA SAGA: After an offseason wherein Carlos Correa was destined for the Giants, after which the Mets, the Twins ultimately got here to an agreement to re-sign the All-Star shortstop. What’s Falvey’s optimism that Correa will stay healthy throughout the duration of his contract?
- YANKEES CONECTION: Last season, the Twins traded Josh Donaldson, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Ben Rortvedt to the Yankees for Gary Sanchez and Gio Urshela. Falvey also signed former Yankee Joey Gallo this offseason. What are his thoughts on these former Yankees which might be now Twins, and were there any hard feelings with Donaldson?
- THE NEED FOR HEALTH: There’s little question the Twins have a little bit of talent on their roster, with stars like Byron Buxton and Royce Lewis. Nonetheless, their biggest issue is managing to remain on the sphere and off of the IL. With expectations raised, Falvey discusses why getting healthy campaigns from their stars is so critical for his or her success in 2023.
Leave a Reply