You would possibly encounter some turbulence waiting for a connection at these airports.
A recent list of the ten worst American airports for layovers was recently released and it not only highlights a notorious tri-state location but additionally features the travel hub where notorious “not real” lady Tiffany Gomas had her in-flight meltdown last summer.
MarketWatch’s evaluation of those not-so-top-10 travel spots graded various facets of the airports on a five-star scale.
Their average seat availability and cleanliness were rated at 2.9, and the typical food and beverage staff service a measly 3.2.
The highest airports in all soared well above in all categories of food and shopping.
The infamous Newark International (EWR) was found to be the fifth worst airport for layovers — adding to its ignominy for having essentially the most flight cancellations and being one among the worst airports overall in North America.
It tied with Orlando International for the worst mid-priced shops within the US, with the Florida facility ranked worst for making flight connections overall.
Last September, a $78 meal from EWR went viral, just across the time it was flagged as a savvy traveler’s no-fly zone.
In essentially the most recent report, Newark was given three stars on seat availability, 2.5 on public area cleanliness and access to power charging areas and three.5 on food and beverage staff service.
Tenth on the list was Dallas-Fort Price International, where the Halloween costume-inspiring Gomas was faraway from a flight for her bizarre tirade claiming a passenger was “not real.”
Conversely, JFK was named the ninth-best airport for layovers within the US and the second-best for frequent flyers.
10 worst airports for layovers
- Orlando International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport
- Chicago Midway International Airport
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- Nashville International Airport
- Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Dallas-Fort Price International Airport
Ten best airports for layovers
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (Houston)
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Seattle–Tacoma International Airport
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- JFK International Airport
- Salt Lake City International Airport