Newly-released videos from the set of “Rust” show Alec Baldwin firing prop guns and speaking with the crew about firearm safety — telling one person to maneuver away from the camera because “I don’t need to shoot towards you.”
The videos, obtained and published by NBC News on Wednesday, were reportedly filmed days before the actor fired a live round and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins in October 2021.
The previously unseen footage, about seven minutes in five clips, emerged a day before a grand jury is scheduled to think about latest involuntary manslaughter charges against Baldwin.
One in all the videos reportedly shows him lying on the bottom and telling someone to maneuver to the “other side of the camera” because “I don’t need to shoot towards you.”
In one other video, Baldwin asks for a blanket to be placed next to him and he uses it as a landing pad after tossing the pistol aside.
The actor is also seen in character firing a prop gun before he runs out of dummy rounds.
“Yet one more, yet one more, yet one more. Instantly, instantly, let’s reload,” Baldwin says, apparently in an try to keep the scene moving, in line with the video published by NBC News. “We should always have had two guns and each of them reloading.”
In the opposite videos, Baldwin stops filming the Western drama to examine on the security of the crew and tells them they have to use a safer a part of a steep trail. At one point, a cameraman falls and the actor repeatedly asks, “Are you OK?”
Based on the report, the videos are amongst dozens of clips presented last month to the special prosecutors after they were first requested from Rust Movie Productions LLC within the spring.
It was unclear how much of the news footage has been reviewed by the prosecutors, in line with NBC News.
Prosecutor Kari Morrissey declined to comment to the outlet, citing pending grand jury proceedings, when asked which video her team reviewed and whether any of it was used to choose about charges.
A source accustomed to the case told NBC News the five videos could possibly be presented to the grand jury.
The outlet previously reported that the prosecutors are set to recharge Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter.
Luke Nikas and Alex Spiro, Baldwin’s attorneys with the firm Quinn Emanuel, last month told The Post: “It’s unlucky that a terrible tragedy has been become this misguided prosecution. We’ll answer any charges in court.”
Morrissey and her colleague Jason Lewis dismissed Baldwin’s initial involuntary manslaughter charge in April as a result of “latest facts” within the case – but they retained the appropriate to recharge the actor, writing, “This decision doesn’t absolve Mr. Baldwin of criminal culpability and charges could also be refiled.”
Director Joel Souza was also injured within the incident on the set.
Baldwin told ABC News he had “no idea” how a live bullet got into the ‘Rust’ set, but added he “didn’t pull the trigger” on the Colt .45 revolver.
Investigators who took apart the prop pistol found it had worn joints and the trigger control didn’t function properly, in line with NBC.