Saturday, November 29, 2025
INBV News
Submit Video
  • Login
  • Register
  • Home
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Weather
  • World News
  • Videos
  • More
    • Podcasts
    • Reels
    • Live Video Stream
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Weather
  • World News
  • Videos
  • More
    • Podcasts
    • Reels
    • Live Video Stream
No Result
View All Result
INBV News
No Result
View All Result
Home Technology

Apple blocked ‘Fortnite’ App Store return, Epic Games says

INBV News by INBV News
May 16, 2025
in Technology
395 4
0
Apple blocked ‘Fortnite’ App Store return, Epic Games says
548
SHARES
2.5k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

“Fortnite” maker Epic Games said Friday that Apple has blocked its latest try and bring back the favored video game within the US version of its App Store.

The Fortnite app can also be unavailable Apple devices within the European Union, despite previously being downloadable there through the Epic Games store. Epic pinned the download failures in Europe on Apple as well.

“Apple has blocked our Fortnite submission so we cannot release to the US App Store or to the Epic Games Store for iOS within the European Union,” Epic Games said in a post on Fortnite’s X account. “Now, sadly, Fortnite on iOS shall be offline worldwide until Apple unblocks it.”

Fortnite has been blocked within the Apple App Store since 2020. AFP via Getty Images

Representatives for Apple and Epic Games didn’t immediately return requests for comment.

Fortnite has originally blocked from the US App Store in 2020, kicking off the continued years-long legal feud between Apple and Epic Games, which accused the iPhone maker of antitrust violations. The video game was made available on Apple devices in Europe last yr as a result of the EU’s Digital Markets Act, which required Apple to permit downloads in third-party app stores.

Epic Games and its CEO Tim Sweeney resubmitted the video game for reinstatement last week.

The resubmission got here after US District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers’s explosive ruling last month that Apple had violated a 2021 injunction order to open up its App Store.

Apple and Epic Games have a long-running legal feud. REUTERS

In her ruling, Rogers said CEO Tim Cook “selected poorly” by directing employees to defy the previous injunction and that vp of finance Alex Roman had “outright lied” under oath – and referred the corporate for potential criminal charges.

Rogers also slapped Apple with fresh orders to stop charging a 27% fee on rivals like Epic who direct customers to make purchases outside the App Store and end restrictions on where developers can place links that lead customers away from the App Store.

Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney is pictured. Getty Images

Apple has asked a federal appeals court in California to pause Rogers’ ruling, claiming it could cost the corporate “billions” of dollars annually if left in place.

Meanwhile, Epic Games’ Sweeney had hinted at some difficulties with the Fortnite submission earlier this week, noting that his company had pulled its previous submission and submitted an updated version as a result of a pending software update.

“Apple’s App Review team must be free to review all submitted apps promptly and accept or reject in response to the plain language of their guidelines,” Sweeney said in an X post on Thursday. “App Review shouldn’t be weaponized by senior management as a tool to delay or obstruct competition, due process, or free speech.”

RELATED POSTS

Stocks end November mixed despite a robust Thanksgiving week rally

Apple beats out Samsung to turn into world’s top smartphone seller

“Fortnite” maker Epic Games said Friday that Apple has blocked its latest try and bring back the favored video game within the US version of its App Store.

The Fortnite app can also be unavailable Apple devices within the European Union, despite previously being downloadable there through the Epic Games store. Epic pinned the download failures in Europe on Apple as well.

“Apple has blocked our Fortnite submission so we cannot release to the US App Store or to the Epic Games Store for iOS within the European Union,” Epic Games said in a post on Fortnite’s X account. “Now, sadly, Fortnite on iOS shall be offline worldwide until Apple unblocks it.”

Fortnite has been blocked within the Apple App Store since 2020. AFP via Getty Images

Representatives for Apple and Epic Games didn’t immediately return requests for comment.

Fortnite has originally blocked from the US App Store in 2020, kicking off the continued years-long legal feud between Apple and Epic Games, which accused the iPhone maker of antitrust violations. The video game was made available on Apple devices in Europe last yr as a result of the EU’s Digital Markets Act, which required Apple to permit downloads in third-party app stores.

Epic Games and its CEO Tim Sweeney resubmitted the video game for reinstatement last week.

The resubmission got here after US District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers’s explosive ruling last month that Apple had violated a 2021 injunction order to open up its App Store.

Apple and Epic Games have a long-running legal feud. REUTERS

In her ruling, Rogers said CEO Tim Cook “selected poorly” by directing employees to defy the previous injunction and that vp of finance Alex Roman had “outright lied” under oath – and referred the corporate for potential criminal charges.

Rogers also slapped Apple with fresh orders to stop charging a 27% fee on rivals like Epic who direct customers to make purchases outside the App Store and end restrictions on where developers can place links that lead customers away from the App Store.

Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney is pictured. Getty Images

Apple has asked a federal appeals court in California to pause Rogers’ ruling, claiming it could cost the corporate “billions” of dollars annually if left in place.

Meanwhile, Epic Games’ Sweeney had hinted at some difficulties with the Fortnite submission earlier this week, noting that his company had pulled its previous submission and submitted an updated version as a result of a pending software update.

“Apple’s App Review team must be free to review all submitted apps promptly and accept or reject in response to the plain language of their guidelines,” Sweeney said in an X post on Thursday. “App Review shouldn’t be weaponized by senior management as a tool to delay or obstruct competition, due process, or free speech.”

1

Do you trust technology Today?

Tags: AppAppleBlockedepicFortnitegamesreturnstore
Share219Tweet137
INBV News

INBV News

Related Posts

edit post
Stocks end November mixed despite a robust Thanksgiving week rally

Stocks end November mixed despite a robust Thanksgiving week rally

by INBV News
November 29, 2025
0

A Thanksgiving week rally couldn't put all three major indexes within the green for November. The S & P 500...

edit post
Apple beats out Samsung to turn into world’s top smartphone seller

Apple beats out Samsung to turn into world’s top smartphone seller

by INBV News
November 28, 2025
0

Apple’s smartphone shipments in 2025 are expected to top Samsung’s for the primary time in over a decade and turn...

edit post
Two ETF CEOs see a key market shift

Two ETF CEOs see a key market shift

by INBV News
November 28, 2025
0

A key rotation away from artificial intelligence stocks could also be underway available in the market.In keeping with Astoria Portfolio...

edit post
Apple CEO Tim Cook’s potential successors feature 4 top execs including iPhone, Mac guru

Apple CEO Tim Cook’s potential successors feature 4 top execs including iPhone, Mac guru

by INBV News
November 27, 2025
0

The list of potential contenders to succeed Tim Cook as the following CEO of Apple includes no less than 4...

edit post
Uber rolls out driverless robotaxis in Abu Dhabi

Uber rolls out driverless robotaxis in Abu Dhabi

by INBV News
November 26, 2025
0

Driverless WeRide robotaxis for Uber.Courtesy: UberUber on Wednesday rolled out fully driverless rides in its fourth market, launching the service...

Next Post
edit post
Company would avoid prosecution in DOJ deal

Company would avoid prosecution in DOJ deal

edit post
Aces motivated to ‘destroy’ Liberty’s ring night after playoff heartbreak

Aces motivated to 'destroy' Liberty's ring night after playoff heartbreak

CATEGORIES

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Podcast
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Videos
  • Weather
  • World News

CATEGORY

  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Podcast
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Videos
  • Weather
  • World News

SITE LINKS

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • DMCA

[mailpoet_form id=”1″]

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer
  • DMCA

© 2022. All Right Reserved By Inbvnews.com

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Weather
  • World News
  • Videos
  • More
    • Podcasts
    • Reels
    • Live Video Stream

© 2022. All Right Reserved By Inbvnews.com

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password? Sign Up

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

All fields are required. Log In

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist